Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kenny Chesney

Kenny Chesney was the first artist I ever listened to in the country music genre.  I immediately enjoyed his laid-back songs and the way that each of them made me feel.  The first two songs I ever heard were 'When The Sun Goes Down' and 'I Go Back'.  The first is a Summer party anthem, while the second song profiles Kenny's life before he became a singer.  Some of his other party anthems include 'Beer In Mexico', 'Keg In The Closet', and 'Summertime'.  Another favorite song of mine is 'Don't Blink'.  It describes how fast life goes by, with lines such as Don't blink,  just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you wake up and your twenty-five and your hig school sweetheart becomes your wife."  This song showed me too that Kenny was able to sing about other topics other than party songs.

I've seen him in concert twice.  His shows are very laid-back.  Most of his fans know all of the words to his songs, which made for two memorable concerts at Van Andel Arena.  This Summer he is going on tour with Tim McGraw, which is said to be one of his biggest tours yet.  He plays a lot of football stadiums, as well as arenas across the country.

I love his care-free spirit in his songs, and each of his songs paint a picture in the listener's mind of what it would be like to take part in a certain situation.  I think he will continue to make more music like this in the near future.  I don't see any signs of him stopping anytime soon!

1 comment: