Sunday, May 27, 2012

Martina McBride

Martina McBride was one of the first female artists I heard on country radio.  Her voice blew me away the first time I heard it.  Her songs range from advice on the stages of life, as heard in 'This One's For The Girls', to the fragile topic of child abuse in 'Concrete Angel'.  Martina's most recent hit, entitled 'I'm Gonna Love You Through It', was written for anyone who is going through cancer or any other threatening disease.  In the music video for the song, some news celebrities like Robin Roberts from Good Morning America and Hoda Kotb from The Today Show, told their stories about survival and the special people in their lives who helped them through the rough time.  Many of her songs have a positive message and they inspire me to be an even better person than I am, and to chase my dreams, as anything is possible if you work hard toward it, as this song talks about.

I've seen her twice in concert, and both of the shows were amazing.  The second time I saw her with a friend, we had really good seats in the lower bowl of the arena.  Martina flew across the stage riding on a half-moon.  She got down and stood on the stage that was near the side of the arena.  Many people, including my friend and I, were able to get pretty close to Martina while she sang part of her set near us!  She was born to sing as you can see from this video.  She sang the song 'Anyway' at the Country Music Association Awards in 2006.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr_iNfxZl0I

When my family and I visited Nashville this past March, we went on a tour of the stars' homes.  Martina's home from the outside was beautiful, and her tour bus was parked in the driveway!  She lives there with her husband John and her three daughters: Delaney, Emma, and Ava.  They were featured on the Top 20 Countdown last year on the television channel Great American Country for a Mother's Day special.  They all seem to be a very happy family.  All three of her daughter's resemble her in one way or another.

The next artist to be profiled will be Brad Paisley!

1 comment: